- Piano Make Serial #
- Year built
- Present Location
- Piano ActionAppearance: (scratches etc) + (bench if present) Appearance of keyboard & presentation.
- Key Dip: Key level Key spacing let-off Back Checks Bridle Straps
- Motion: Lost motion between keys and piano action
- Pedal & Lyre: (For tightness & squeaks)
- Soundboard appearance: (cracks or splits) Bridges and hitch pins also Strings (Treble & Bass). Are there any missing, tubby sounding, or oxidized?
- Tuning Pins: (for rust, corrosions, signs of doping and tightness) Have tuning pin been driven in previously due to looseness? Is the pin-block cracked?
- Pin fit: (tightness) is tested by detuning & retuning various sections.
- Dampers: (Check for lift, spacing and pedal action) Is there a sostenuto?
- Hammers: (Any missing?) Wobble? Worn out?
- We also look at: Hammer alignment striking distance return springs (for regulation purposes)
- If piano is a Grand? If so, do the shanks clear the rest rail?
- Is the piano action (mechanism) Noisy? Responsive? well- regulated?
- Is the piano at standard pitch? A440. Is the piano in tune?
Estimate to restore the piano to good playing condition:______________________
Asking price should be:_________________
Charge for the estimate is normally: $100.00
Charge for the estimate is deductible if the job is authorized within the next 30 days.
Technician’s signature ________________________ Phone #____________________